Joseph Michael’s Salon and Spa
is looking for the following passionate professionals!
Director of Education
The Joseph Michael’s Director of Education will embody the true heart of a hairstylist with their passion, professionalism and talent. They will demand the best of themselves and encourage the best in others. They will be able to manage a strong client base, while coordinating the Apprentice Program classes, Stylist Shadowing and salon education, asking for assistance and support whenever needed.
We proudly offer competitive commission, paid vacation, 401K, corporate AFLAC supplemental policies, signing bonuses and a solid and supportive salon culture.
Director of Education Expectations:
- To be an educator who will develop young talent, following the standards set by Joseph Michael’s Salon and Spa
- To maintain a minimum 4-day a week schedule with service sales goal of $2000+ per week
- To lead the Apprentice Program with an organized lesson plan through weekly classes/ model days, Stylist Shadowing, skills testing and monthly individual progress reports
- To perform, and be able to teach, all technical skills including cutting, all color services, updo styling, perms, relaxers, corrective color and smoothing treatments
- To include in class curriculum retailing, product knowledge, business building and professionalism
- To attend all salon education
- To work with salon management to coordinate, and often lead, advanced salon education
- To be a team player with management and owners, as well as all Joseph Michael’s employees
Director of Education Resume Requirements:
- Illinois Cosmetology license
- 15+ years industry experience
- Currently performing cutting, styling, coloring and texture services
- Established Chicago-based clientele
- Current working average of $1750+ per week service sales and $750+ per week retail sales
- Strong educational background through leadership or training with product or color line (certifications required)
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the Intro Application below and we will contact you soon. Make sure to include the position you are seeking, any experience you have, and a little about yourself and why you’d make a great member of the Joseph Michael’s team.