Joseph Michael’s Salon and Spa
is looking for the following passionate professionals!
Apprentice/ Stylist in Training
Award-winning Joseph Michael’s Salon and Spa is currently filling our 2018 Apprentice Program. The Joseph Michael’s Apprentice Program cultivates the next generation of stylists; utilizing hands-on training, one-on-one mentoring, digital media, social media and print in an interactive and supportive salon environment. We are a non-departmentalized salon and all Apprentices will train in both cut and color. The candidates we want are committed to furthering their education, are professional, career-minded, outgoing and talented!
• Completed Cosmetology School
• Licensed in Illinois or scheduled state boards at time of interview
• Interested in both cut and color
Group interviews, one-on-one interviews and Technicals will be part of the application process.
Do what you love. Love what you do.
Scroll down to start the application process now.
Assistant Director of Education
The Joseph Michael’s Assistant Director of Education will embody the true heart of a hairstylist with their passion, professionalism and talent. They will demand the best of themselves and encourage the best in others. They will be able to manage a strong client base, while assisting the Director of Education with coordinating the Apprentice Program classes, Stylist Shadowing and salon education. The Assistant Director of Education will be a strong role model and mentor to the Apprentices and other junior members of the styling team.
We proudly offer competitive commission, paid vacation, 401K, corporate AFLAC supplemental policies, signing bonuses and a solid and supportive salon culture.
Assistant Director of Education Expectations:
- To be an educator who will help develop young talent, following the standards set by Joseph Michael’s Salon and Spa
- To maintain a minimum 4-day a week schedule with service sales goal of $1750+ per week
- To help recruit and manage the Joseph Michael’s Apprentice Team
- To assist the Director of Education with an organized lesson plan through weekly classes/ model days, Stylist Shadowing, skills testing and monthly individual progress reports
- To perform, and be able to teach, all technical skills including cutting, all color services, updo styling, perms, relaxers, corrective color and smoothing treatments
- To attend all salon education
- To be a team player with management and owners, as well as all Joseph Michael’s employees
Director of Education Resume Requirements:
- Illinois Cosmetology license
- 8+ years industry experience
- Currently performing cutting, styling, coloring and texture services
- Established Chicago-based clientele
- Current working average of $1450+ per week service sales and $650+ per week retail sales
- Strong educational background and interest
Send resumes to email@example.com or fill out the Intro Application below and we will contact you soon. Make sure to include the position you are seeking, any experience you have, and a little about yourself and why you’d make a great member of the Joseph Michael’s team.